Friday, January 10, 2014

2014 And Here We Go!

Okay. on my last post --- a year ago!  Yeah one year ago.  I showed a few of the blocks I was doing for the Western Wayne County Quilt Guild Block of the Month.  Well I did them for a full year - all but one month and I have to thank Sherry Jones for helping me out. 
Here is the top that I finished with all 12 blocks.  I will get it on the frame in a few weeks and then it will be truly finished!

Sherry has taken over the BOM for 2014.  I will be making a block for the guild and also one for my self.  Mine will be red and white.  I will post a picture of the blocks I make each month.  I will make 2 blocks every month and one extra - making 25!

To recap 2013 I will show a few of the quilts that I did finish last year!

This was a 2-4-1 that I call Sunshine!
 
This is the Antique Rose Quilt.  It was a block of the month from Mother Hen Quilts.  The blocks  are machine embroidered and she had you make changes in the original designs.  I really enjoyed making this quilt.  I finished it at our Sewing Chicks Retreat last Feb.  
 
I had 4 baby showers last year.  Here are 3 of the quilts I made.
This was made from some 9 patches I had and I sashed them with pink and white for the new baby girl.
 
 
 
These 2 quilts are disappearing 4 patch. Both are made from charms of little boy things. The first one is for a friends little guy.    The second one was for my nephew's little guy.  Unfortunately Sawyer didn't make it but his parents wanted the quilt.
 
 
I also had a wedding last fall.  This was the quilt I made for the bride and groom. It is a large 4-patch poesy block.  I love the 4-patch poesy.   They were thrilled!
 


This quilt is just some fabric that I thought I would have some fun with.  Pinks, blacks, teals and whites.  Not my colors but I had fun with the design.

 
 
This quilt will give the quilt police nightmares.  I quilted through the embroidery!  It is a quilt that took years to finish.  I just didn't know what to do with the blocks - after I did get it put together I had no idea how to quilt it - so I just treated it as a regular top and quilted it as if it was all pieced.  I personally liked it and will do it again!
 
 
 
This is the last entry for the day.  I didn't make this quilt but I did quilt it.  My youngest daughter made this.  She followed the directions given in a magazine.  I didn't even know she was making it until she was almost done and decided she would like my opinion on the borders.  Very proud of her.  This was a wedding gift for a friend.
 
 
 
Well that is it for today.  I promise I will be back in a week or so with more pictures and projects.
 
 

 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment