Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Magnetic Pin Dish

Which would you like setting next to your machine, the pretty dish or the cracked and boring plastic one?

These are so easy to make!  Here is all that you need!
 
The dishes are from Goodwill but I have a couple of Polish Pottery dishes that I am going to convert!  I used this heavy duty  silicone but any good strong glue would do.   I bought the magnets at the hardware (the big round one) and the others from Hobby Lobby.  After I made these and realized I like them enough to take the plastic one apart.   I pried the plastic one apart and it actually has 2 rectangle 1" x 2" magnets in it.  I really like the magnets from the hardware much better than from the craft store.
The important thing about the magnets is to make sure they fit inside the rim on the bottom of the dish.  If they are thicker use enough so the dish will sit flat and not teeter.  Notice the square one has one magnet in each corner and one in the center.
 
Hope you enjoyed this quick craft.  My next project is going to be Modge Podge fabric to the magnetic steel dishes that I use on my long arm.  They were purchased at Harbor Freight and look like they belong in a mechanic's tool box.   They really need to be dressed up.
 
 
The dishes were not my original idea - but I can't remember where I saw them.  It was just something that stuck with me because I really liked it!
 


1 comment:

  1. You are Amazing Pat ! Thanks for posting. Missed You in FlatRock. Amazing 2 days with Cindy & Don Fesko. LoveYou , Velia

    ReplyDelete