Saturday, January 7, 2012

Rotating Quilts!

I finally took the Christmas quilt off my bed.    This is actually one of my favorite quilts.  This was a challenge between myself and a friend.  We both finished them before Christmas.  It was from a book named the Christmas Sampler.  Of course, I added a bit more to mine - from a lap size to an extra large queen.
This picture is from the Monroe County Fair 2009. It won best of Show and an invitation to the State Fair.  It took a 2nd place at the State Fair. 



In 2008 I was the chairperson for the BOM for our guild - I choose the fabrics and the patterns.  I had everyone add three 2 inch borders to the 12 1/2" blocks.  I was lucky enough to win the blocks for Jan - which was my favorite.  The fabric I choose was a navy and black paisley - paisley is one of my favorite fabrics.  I named this quilt Winter Nights and it is the quilt I use in January!




Today I finished 2 of the prayer shawls that I am donating to our quilt guild.  These are to be given to any member who needs a hug or some encouragement.  They measure 22"x72".  I guess they are very similair to the bed runners that are so "in" right now.  It makes me feel better to know that it may add a little bit of comfort to a sister when she needs it!
This was made from left over blocks from a quilt I called Grandma's trip around the World 1960!
If you look closely the block on the left and the block on the right are the complete opposite of each other.  They were both made from one set of strip sets.  I will have a tutorial on this later on!  It is a fun technique.  I am hooked on it.

Keep on stitchin'

2 comments:

  1. Pat, Thanks for posting about your new blog. I have joined your followers. Your work is so inspiring and amazing. Keep up the good work. Sarah in OK.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sara! Feel free to post any comments or requests for subjects. Not real creative in the "What others might find interesting" department!

    Keep on stitchin'

    ReplyDelete